Departmental Documents

Department Diversity

As of September 2015, the Syracuse Police Department had 421 sworn personnel, equivalent to one for every 343 residents of Syracuse. The department was 88% men and 12% women. While the City of Syracuse is 51% white, the police department was 92% white. The other 8% included 31 black, two Native American and two Asian personnel. Of the 30 personnel ranked Lieutenant or higher, only one was not white. The department classified Hispanic as an ethnicity, so it is not taken into account in the above breakdown. The department reported having 10 Hispanic officers/detectives, three of whom were women.

The documents we received from the department are linked below.

Additional Department Policies

Policy Available
Policy Unavailable